How the Heck to Keep Plants Alive

Image result for indoor plants

I love plants. They freshen up every room you're in and they are super good for your mental health. I have attempted time and time again to have plants and to keep them alive. And despite my greatest efforts to have plants in my room, I have failed immensely.







This is my most recent failure. I have done everything you are supposed to do. I have watered it once a week and when the soil feels dry, I left it in the window to get sun and fertilized it once a month. However, I still couldn't keep it alive.






My mom tells me that I have a "brown thumb," and that like her I will never be able to keep plants alive. I don't want to accept this because I really love plants. I'm not quite sure how to fix this problem, so I am doing what anyone would do. Search on Google.

All the search results say to do pretty much what I feel like I have already been doing. That is where this blog comes in. If anyone has any suggestions for someone like me with a supposed "brown thumb," please let me know how I can successfully have plants in my dorm room. I am desperate to find a way to have the plants I want and to keep them alive.









Comments

  1. I love plants as well but I know I wouldn't be able to successfully keep them alive. Personally, I dont have have any words of advice but try watching youtube videos or got to a nursery. Good luck on your journey, I have faith in you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants brighten and liven any room. I had a succulent in my dorm room last year, but it died when I forgot to bring it home during break. I am a fake plant kinda gal, but if I want a living one, I'd have to choose a succulent. They require little care which is right up my alley. My tip to you is to get plants that don't need to be watered everyday and maybe keep it on the window sill so it can receive sunlight. Good luck being a plant mom, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment