Top Four Tips for Interviewing

Image result for interview



Getting a job or internship can be tough. This week’s reading and my recent interview experiences inspired me to talk about some top interviewing tips. Interviews can seem daunting and I always feel that it’s difficult to choose the right things to say. I had two interviews for summer internships this past week and it got me thinking about some of my tips for rocking that interview.

1. Relax
It’s going to be hard to focus on what the interviewer is asking if you are extremely nervous the entire time. Take some deep breaths and realize that it’s OK to be nervous because almost everyone is. You just have to remember that everything will work out and if you don’t get that one position, it wasn’t meant to be.

2. Be Yourself
You are trying to see if this job is a good fit for you just as much as the employer is trying to see if you are a good fit for the job. You don’t want to present yourself as someone completely different and end up with a job you don’t like. You want to find a place that allows you to express yourself and grow as an individual. This will only happen somewhere that you can be yourself.

3. Write Down Questions
It’s crazy how easy it is to forget all the things you want to ask in the middle of an interview. I never thought about this until I was preparing for interviews with my mom, but it can be super helpful to bring in your questions with you. It also shows your interviewer that you are prepared for the interview

4. Be Prepared for Bizarre Questions
Interviewers often have a list of strange questions that they ask. Sometimes it can catch you off guard so be prepared to answer anything. Here is a list of some questions they could ask you in an interview.

Comments

  1. I love how you said to be yourself! I feel like so many professors and employers push you to try to fit their mold, but if that is not who you are, you will not enjoy your job at the end of the day. I definitely agree with you that some interviewers will ask bizarre things just to see how you react. They may not even care how you answer, but they are looking at your body language and facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment