Trying New Things

Because of the current quarantine situation, I have a lot of extra time on my hands. I also have been in a very artsy mood lately. This has resulted in a newfound interest in painting. I must admit I am not very good at painting, but I am really trying to learn. I have even opted to take a painting class next semester at ONU.

I need to learn some of the basics so that I can improve my painting skills. I understand that learning something new is a journey and you usually don't start out as a great painter when you are just learning. I haven't had an art class since middle school, so it's very obvious that I am very much a beginner. However, I am the type of person that gets frustrated very easily when it comes to learning new skills. If I am not very good at it, most of the time I just give up. This is something I am working on improving. 

This is one of my first paintings and I must admit, I'm a little embarrassed to be showing it. But, I also want to show my journey in this new skill, so I can show others you may start out not good, but you can learn and improve on the journey.  

If you have any tips for me please let me know. I try to learn from Bob Ross videos but he moves really fast for me. I hope you get a little bit of joy out of my mediocre painting and see that even if you aren't good at something right now, you can always improve!

Comments

  1. I love this so much. Learning new skills during this virus is something I'm doing too. I took painting class in high school and I really enjoyed it. Your painting is SO good, I love it. I'm a big believer in practice makes perfect so I'm looking forward to your journey with painting. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting! Painting has always been something I enjoyed doing, but have not had time for lately. Now that I have lots of free time I also have started painting. Also, look up Katie Jobling on Youtube! She does a lot of landscapes and gives great instructions on painting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment