What I Like About TikTok

TikTok - Home | Facebook
One of my favorite social media sites right now is TikTok. I find watching and creating videos on TikTok to be very enjoyable and almost addicting. TikTok videos can be up to 60 seconds long but are usually much shorter. Scrolling through hundreds of videos is extremely easy because most of the time I don't really notice how long I have been watching. I will admit that there have been several instances where I was on TikTok for over two hours with no idea that time was going by that quickly.

One of the reasons I believe TikTok is so successful is the idea that everyone can repeat content and call it their own. The trendy TikTok dances make it easy for everyone to feel involved in creating videos. Going beyond the "TikTok dances" though, many people will just re-create content ideas because it is hard to see who truly made something first. The other factor playing into this is you can use the sound of another TikTok to create your own content.

I don't think this is always a bad thing though. I think this is what makes TikTok such a successful platform. No other social media platform allows you to use other creator's content to create your own. This idea mixed with the addictive nature of scrolling through quick videos is what keeps people coming back for more.

Comments