Staying Mentally Healthy in College

Image result for mental health





College is a stressful time for every student. Some people are able to handle stressors in college very easily, but for others, managing themselves can be more difficult. When you aren't taking care of your mental health, college becomes almost impossible. It seems very daunting to try and time-manage some self-care into your day, but overall it's important that you do. 

As someone who frequently struggles with her mental health, I want to share some of my tips for being your best self in college no matter how impossible it may seem. 

1. Do Something You Love
Oftentimes college students overlook the importance of doing something you love every day. Whether it be a sport, painting, music or anything else, setting time aside to do something you love can really impact your day. It also gives you an incentive to get your work done so you have extra time.

2. Exercise
Exercise is so important when it comes to your mental health. It releases endorphins and just generally makes you feel better. You don't have to run or lift weights to exercise, there are tons of fun and innovative ways to get moving. I like to walk my dog, and I also really enjoy yoga. 

3. Journal
Writing down what happened in your day is a great way to decompress. It helps you to process the not so great things that happened in your day, and it also helps you to remember and focus on the good things that happened in your day.

These are just a few of the many things I do to stay mentally healthy in college. It's so important to add self-care to your daily routine because mental health is just as important as physical health. Keep yourself healthy and be your best self.

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree more with this blog and the tips you gave about living healthy in college. I tend to stress out a lot and easily and I follow all of these. My favorite thing to do when I'm stressed is run! But with college comes stress, so thank you for giving insight on this topic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment