Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies

Lemon and Poppy Seed Cookies - Delightful VegansMy absolute favorite treat to make in the spring and summer are my lemon poppy seed cookies. My whole family loves these cookies and they are always gone in just a few days. My favorite part about them is they aren't too sweet so if you don't have much of a sweet tooth you can still really enjoy them. I think the lemony flavor is the best reminder that spring and summer are on the way. They are also super easy to make and don't take too much time either. If you enjoy lemon treats, you will love these cookies. I hope you enjoy them!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seed
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel, I like to add an extra half teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sifted powdered sugar

Beat butter until fluffy, about 30 seconds on medium if using an electric mixer. Add the sugar, poppy seed, and baking soda; mix together. Beat in egg yolk, milk, lemon, and vanilla. Beat in flour. Divide the dough in half, shape each into a 9-inch roll. Wrap in plastic or wax. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.

Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices. Bake at 375ยบ F for 7-9 minutes, 1 inch apart. When cookies are cooling sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

Yield: 36 cookies

Comments

  1. I have been looking for a good lemon cookie to make! I can not wait to make these. I also agree that lemon cookies are a spring cookie and bring back so many great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I'm a sucker for cookies and I love lemon flavor desserts! I'm definitely going to try this out because I'm on a cooking kick! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment